Saturday, January 9, 2010

Soap Box Entry of the Day

Is it just me, or is anyone else out there tired of e-mails and Facebook posts that try to guilt you into sending them on? A lot of them imply that you’re not really a Christian if you don’t forward them. The Bible does say:

26Because whoever is ashamed of Me and of My teachings, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when He comes in the [threefold] glory (the splendor and majesty) of Himself and of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26-27 (Amplified Bible)
However, it doesn’t say that if you don’t forward an e-mail to at least 10 people that you will go to hell. Many of these e-mails also promise the miraculous if you just go ahead and forward them. (“If you forward this to at least 10 people in the next 10 minutes you will receive money in the mail today” or some such drivel). This is witchcraft pure and simple. It is as repugnant to God as relying on a horoscope. It amazes me how many Christians fall for this and merrily send it along to others.

I am unashamedly a Christian. I will tell it to anyone at any time. I hope there is no doubt in the mind of anyone who knows me where I stand. In fact, I am sure many people are tired of hearing it by now. All that being said, I am not inclined to repost a chain letter on Facebook or forward it to my friends.

Some of these e-mails / posts imply that you do not love the soldiers if you do not pass on their tales about our military men and women. I would defy anyone to say that I’m not one of the most patriotic, flag-waving Americans they know. I appreciate all the soldiers do for our country. My own son-in-love is one of them. I get tears in my eyes everytime they sing, “God Bless America.” What it really means when I don’t forward a chain letter is that I am against foolishness in all its forms.

I should clarify, that I enjoy the lighthearted exchanges on Facebook and in e-mails and do participate in those. But hinting that I am somehow flawed if I choose not to participate will make me bristle every time.

Okay, that is my soapbox entry for the day.

ily C&C -- you know who you are. I’m still praying for you every day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I was with you when you said it on FB and I am with you here... makes me mad!

    ReplyDelete