Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Go Boldly to Carry Out Your Commission

‎"Oh my brothers and sisters in Christ, if sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies; and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay, and not madly to destroy themselves. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for." Charles Spurgeon, 1861

I am no longer afraid of offending or upsetting anyone. I personally will be offended and upset if my loved ones or your loved ones end up in Hell because someone was afraid to tell them about Jesus. I don't just believe in Him, I am in constant relationship with Him, I talk to Him, I love Him with all I have and I want that same thing for my loved ones and yours. So if you are offended by this, don't read it. But just know that I am praying fervently that you will read it and heed it.

Jesus is longing for a relationship with you. That is what He created you for. All you have to do is believe in Him and step out in faith and He will lead you to the next step. You don't have to get all "churchy." You don't have to be perfect. You just have to allow Him into your heart. He will do the rest. He will change you "want to," and you will find out that a lot of things you see out there as "religious" or "church stuff" is just peoples' traditions, not anything God is expecting from you. The more time you spend with Him, the more you will find out what He really wants from you and what it is really about.

So just ask Him: "Jesus, please come into my heart. Show me what is real and what you want from me and help me to avoid those things that will be detrimental to my relationship with You and encounter and embrace those things that will enhance our relationship. I don't know much about this, but I'm trusting You for the outcome."

Then consult the owner's manual (the Holy Bible) not the advice of your friends or neighbors. Go to the SOURCE.

It's a scary world out there and it is crashing quickly to a conclusion. Jesus can take the scary out of it and keep you on the right path. Pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment