Sunday, October 13, 2013

My One Desire




I feel young in my heart and mind still, but physically I have some limitations that some days frankly made me feel old. I have had a lot of down time to think about things and I realize I have had a pretty amazing life. It didn't always go the way I wanted it to do or how I planned it or dreamed it, but I have been blessed beyond measure.


I'm not afraid to live and face big things that may be coming down the Pike and I'm not afraid to die either. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that, in the Apostle Paul's words, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5)


I know this because I live in the Lord's presence and have for most of my life. I can remember from my earliest childhood questioning the how and why of everything in the Universe in searching for answers. I developed a close relationship with Jesus at a very early age but as a teenager and young adult I did some more searching. It either had to be ALL true or none of it was valuable to me. I did a lot of searching and a lot of research and in the end it was prayer and relationship with Him that clenched the deal. And it is ALL true. My relationship is so close that I cannot fathom how anyone could doubt His existence.


I believe that a lot of bad things are coming in this Earth's very near future (and a lot are already happening). It is my one desire to make sure everyone has a chance to know about and have a relationship with Him too. I pray constantly for friends and family members that need that relationship and I pray for many other people that I don't even know because every person is important to God. It doesn't matter what their social status, nationality, skin color, belief system or anything else is, God wants desperately to have a relationship with them because they are His creation and His purpose for creating them was to have a relationship with them.


God is so much a part of my life that I honestly do not know how anyone can even exist without knowing that He is there for them every step of the way. People will fail you, even those you love the most will sometimes let you down, but you can ALWAYS depend on Him. He is always still there when everyone else has gone about their own business. And, OH! the marvelous ways he provides for us, protects us, and comforts us! I have seen so many miracles in my life. My life has been just one big miracle. It hasn't been a conventional life, lived a conventional way. I have had to depend on Him for everything every step of the way. And He has blessed me immeasurably.


I could give you detail after detail, and would if it would help you to know Him too and not just satisfy idle curiosity. He is everything to me. And, whoever is reading this, He wants to be your everything, too. Just ask Him. It's that simple. And then listen and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment