Friday, August 23, 2013

The Cry of My Heart


Babies and God-breathed Life are subjects close to my heart. What is breaking my heart is the abortion culture in our country today. I have always known at a gut level that life and babies are precious and that we have no right to mess with that. From the moment the sperm meets the egg in the womb and the baby begins to form a separate life has been created. To willingly murder that baby is an act of evil. Yes, I've heard all the arguments about rape and incest. In truth only about 1% of abortions are results of rape / incest. A similar percentage are due to trying to save the life of the mother. The rest are performed entirely for "convenience." The baby in the womb is a person in its own right. It has its own fingerprints, DNA, blood type etc., separate from the mother. He or she is not an extension of its mother's body parts. The baby is not responsible for the act that was committed to start its life. That baby has as much right to live as the selfish mother or father who wants it aborted for whatever reason they think they have.

Life and babies are so precious to me that it hurts my heart to see the things that are going on in our society today. So many people would love to adopt a newborn but instead they are being brutally murdered. I had three difficult pregnancies in my life. On the second one I miscarried. The devastation of losing those little lives (there were 3) was devastating to me for years afterward. I cannot imagine the pain there would have been if I had been responsible for that miscarriage. I still mourn for those little lives. My daughter has had similar difficulty with her pregnancies. She has had several miscarriages and 3 live births. All of her pregnancies have been high risk and one of the live births resulted in the baby dying almost immediately after birth. The baby died in her arms. That was 10 years ago and we still mourn that little life and the lives of the others that she miscarried. To both of us the thought of anyone deliberately taking the life of a baby in utero is horrifying. My daughter was offered an abortion when it became apparent that her baby had serious problems but she wouldn't even consider it. The opportunity we had to hold that precious life in our arms as she went to meet her Maker was something we would not trade for anything in the world. When I was pregnant with my daughter, the medical personnel told me since I was having a difficult pregnancy and there was the possibility of something being wrong with the baby, I should consider an abortion. I told them in no uncertain terms that would not ever happen and I would die first before I let something happen to my baby. And through some genuine miracles, she was born beautiful and perfect and is, along with her brother, the joy of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment