Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Long Time Gone (The Cimarron Legacy Book 2) by Mary Connealy








This book is classic Mary Connealy. It has it all – drama, twists and turns and a little comedy. I read the last book in the series and found the characters a little too naïve at times but they seem to have grown up a little for this book and, while still funny, are not unrealistically goofy. I love Mary’s books and haven’t missed any. I can confidently say, she gets better with each one. I can barely wait for Book 3.


As the tale of the attack on the Boden homestead continues, Justin, the younger son, becomes the hero and Angie Dupree, who we met in the first book, becomes the heroine. Everyone’s life is still in danger and the fate of the ranch is still in peril at both the beginning and end of this book, but a lot of mysteries were solved and bad guys unmasked in this story. Mary’s books are always full of sassy, independent heroines and slightly befuddled, manly heroes and this book is no different. If you don’t have so much fun reading this that you fail to put it down for mundane household duties, I will be very surprised.


Bethany House gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. Truthfully, this book would have found its way to my bookshelf in any event because I have a full set of Connealy novels on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment