Monday, July 8, 2019

Best Kept Secrets by Tracey S. Phillips



This book is a roller coaster of events. It involves a female cop, Morgan, who is obsessed with the murder of her best friend when she was younger. The case she is now working is looking very similar to the case of her friend. She and her partner, Donnie, work together to piece all the evidence together and see who the murderer is. The story twists and turns through the current and early lives of the cop and the suspects. There are many inconsistencies where Morgan gets a piece of information and it doesn’t ring a bell apparently because when she finds the same piece of info later it is treated as a new revelation. I also didn’t like the teaser at the end of the book. Instead of making me want to read the next installment like most teasers, it made me not want to pursue the story any further. I found parts of the story to be dark. It was interesting and it held my attention to the end and it is obvious the author is perfecting her craft. Maybe future books will have a better flow.

I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment