Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson





Rurik Jorgensen had to leave his Swedish hometown of Lindsborg, KS to go help his Uncle Carl with his furniture making business in Minnesota. In Minnesota, he meets German farm girl Merrill Krause (the Icecutter's daughter) and they are each entranced be the other. Unfortunately, some of Rurik's past arrives in Minnesota to visit him and a lot of unpleasant things happen. Both Rurik and Merrill continue to trust in God for the outcome and all is resolved in the end.


There is so much rich history and tradition in this volume and that alone would make it worth the read, but in addition it is a well-crafted story with wonderful, believable characters and a storyline that won't let you put it down. I just kept reading till I was suddenly at the end an bereft at the loss of the story -- it should have kept on going into infinity. Now I must wait to see if a sequel is in my future, and if so, if I will find out more about these characters and about Merrill's brothers and their future families etc. I almost feel like these characters are friends.


Tracie Peterson has written a wonderful story here and I recommend it to all who love Christian historical fiction and all who just love a great story!


I received a copy of this book from Bethany House to review. I did not receive any compensation for completing this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment