Saturday, February 29, 2020

Like Flames in the Night by Connilyn Cossette






This is another book in the Cities of Refuge series. This one is about the youngest daughter of Moriyah, Tirzah. Tirzah is a young widow and she doesn’t want to spend the rest of her life watching her nieces and nephews. She wants to train with her brothers to be a spy for the resistance. Her entire family is against if but eventually she convinces them she can go places as a woman they could never get to and would be barely noticed as a servant and she could listen in on important meetings of the enemy.


This book was one I was waiting to come out (rather impatiently) since I had read the other books in the series. It was a very satisfying read and brought that era in Jewish history into focus for me with a lot of rich details provided by the author’s wonderful research.


I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment