Saturday, February 29, 2020

The Chisholm Trail Bride by Kathleen Y’Barbo



Eliza lives on a ranch with her parents and brothers. Her father indulges her want to be with him and her brothers on a trail ride but her mother is grooming her for coming out in society. A traumatic experience on a trail ride with her father leaves her adrift for a few years but when the time comes for her to step out into society the situation is complicated by a former fiancé that is persistent and threatening. Her father has hired a man to follow her everywhere and he manages to keep her protected most of the time.


I truly enjoyed this story as I have all the books in the Daughters of the Mayflower series that I have read. I recommend it to anyone who likes historical romance chock full of interesting characters, wonderful descriptions of places, well researched details of the life at the time and a plot that keeps you awake at night.


I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment