Monday, September 14, 2020

The Librarian of Boone’s Hollow by Kim Vogel Sawyer


 


As I was finishing this story I couldn’t wait to tell my daughter about it. This is what I wrote: “You have to read Kim Vogel Sawyer’s new book. It’s called The Librarian of Boone’s Hollow.  It takes place in 1936 (the year my parents got married) in Kentucky. It’s about the Carnegie libraries and the WPA program (Works Progress Administration) that created jobs for people during the Great Depression.”  

 

This story touched my heart. Some people in the story were nursing old grudges and superstitions. Others loved God and their neighbors and showed love no matter what they were faced with. It’s a lesson a lot of folks still need to learn in our day and time. 

 

I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley.  All views expressed are only my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment