Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Librarian's Journey: 4 Historical Romances by Darlene Franklin, Patty Smith Hall, Cynthia Hickey, Marilyn Turk, and Kathleen Y'Barbo



 


This is a collection of stories about Packhorse Librarians in rural Appalachia during the Great Depression. These librarians were hired to ride out into the very rural areas and bring books for people to read to inspire literacy. It was part of a WPA program funded by the US Government to give people job opportunities. 


What I enjoy about these types of books is that each story is a comfortable length for sitting and reading all at once. I recommend this book to those who want a quick, satisfying read.


I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment