Thursday, December 16, 2021

Under a Broken Sky (Emma Lawson #2)


 


Emma Lawson is an Ethics Investigator in Sacramento, California.  Her boyfriend is the head of the homicide section of the Sacramento Police Department.  Their cases and happenings around them are overlapping and in a very short period of time (a couple of days) there are a lot of complications and new happenings.  The story is very fast paced and full of surprises.  It kept me guessing.  I loved the characters and their different personalities and was overjoyed to find a book where people were somewhat "normal" and good-hearted (except for the villains of course).

This is one of the best suspense books I've read in a while.  Now I have to go pack and read the previous book of the series to get up to speed because I am now following this author on Amazon and eagerly anticipating the next book in the series.  

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley.  All views expressed are only my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment