Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hearts Awakening by Delia Parr

This was a great book! I loved the setting and the characters. This was just a most enjoyable read. Bethany House gave me this book to review and I am so happy for this opportunity to discover new authors! I’ve never heard of this author before, but I will be looking for her in the future.

This is a story set in 1840 in Pennsylvania. The main character, Ellie, was past marriageable age and considered a spinster at 31 because she had taken care of her invalid mother until her death. She is offered a marriage of convenience to help a widower with his two children. They have to overcome some obstacles, many of them in their own imaginations, but it makes for a warm, family story and leaves the reader quite satisfied with the outcome. I don’t want to say too much about it – discover it for yourself. You will be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment