Saturday, September 15, 2012

Whispers in the Wind by Lauraine Snelling




Cassie Lockwood was part of her father's Wild West show all her life until he died and his partner declared that the show was bankrupt. She and some long time friends from the show took off for South Dakota to find the ranch her father was part owner in and follow his dreams. There she met the family of the partner he had left behind when he became part owner in the Wild West Show many years previously. His partner was deceased but his wife welcomed her with open arms. His sons were a little more reticent as they did not know about the partnership until she arrived. This story is about her settling in to the life on the ranch.

Whispers in the Wind is the second book in a series. I did not read the first one, but this book stands alone very well. In order to finish the story I will need to read the next one that comes out because I am anxious to know how it all turns out, but again this book still stands alone. I think that is a rare talent for an author. The fact that there was no romance at all in this book and it stood alone based totally on the story is another sign of a great author. This lady knows her craft.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House to review. I did not receive any compensation for completing this review. All opinions are my own. This book is well worth the read and I recommend looking for other books by this wonderful author.

No comments:

Post a Comment