Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Match Made in Texas, A Novella Collection by Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings and Carol Cox.



This set of stories was so much fun. Each one starts out at least in Dry Gulch, TX. In the first story, a very pregnant widow is sent a handyman by an anonymous friend. In the second one, the first couple has moved on and the widow's former homestead is now occupied by a former schoolteacher who is going blind. Again, the anonymous friend sends a handyman her way and another match is made. In number three, the M.O. changes a little and the anonymous friend arranges to send a homeless friend to a ranch to be a companion to an elderly aunt of a gentlemen at that location. And finally in number three that anonymous friend finds herself set up with someone she has had her eye on for a long time and hilarity ensues.


These were all well written and kept me reading way past when I should have gone to bed! I love stories by Christian authors because they don't have a lot of unnecessary stuff in them that I don't want to read. And everyone relies on God as their source. Love it!


This book was given to me by Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it. I received no compensation and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment