Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chivalrous by Dina L. Sleiman






The sequel is rarely as fine a pearl as the original but this one is as good or better than the original. This book is delicious!

Lady Gweneth would rather be a knight like her three brothers than the lady her father expects her to be. Her father wants to arrange a marriage for her with a brute of a man who has no respect for women but Gwen has her heart set on Allen of Ellsworth who has newly arrived in their dukedom. A cousin of the Duke is working very hard to take over the Dukedom as he considers it his rightful inheritance. We met Allen in book one (Dauntless) and later in the story we meet up with the other main characters from the first book.

I loved this book, the characters, the attention to detail of how people lived and dressed and what they ate in the 1200s. I really enjoyed the attention the main characters gave to scripture and their prayers and relationship with God. It was all seamlessly part of the story.

Bethany House gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review but I would have bought it anyway and will rush to purchase any subsequent books from this author!

Below is my review of Book 1 of the Valiant Hearts series that I wrote a few months ago.







March 15, 2015 Dauntless by Dina L. Sleiman

All I can say is WOW! I loved this book! I love this time period, I love these kinds of stories and I want more! (And I don't want to wait till the Author's next installment. I want her to speed write!)


Lady Merry Ellison and Timothy Grey were once betrothed but her father's opposition to King John put a damper on the situation. Her parents and brother were murdered by the King's men and Merry and some of the village children were forced into exile by the circumstances. They formed a little band for survival and lived off their wits in the woods. Timothy, thinking Merry was dead too, eventually went to work for a nearby landholder. When he discovers Merry is still alive he doesn't know what to do. To let others know is to put her in danger.


This was so much fun -- a Robin Hood type of story. The characters are interesting, the time period is interesting, the political intrigue is fascinating and the storytelling is superb!

Bethany House gave me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review but I would have bought it anyway and will buy any subsequent books by this author. Loved it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment