Thursday, February 11, 2016

RISEN by Angela Hunt



This is the story of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus but it is told from the point of view of Clavius, a Roman soldier, and Rachel, a Jewish widow. It is the novelization of a screenplay. Angela Hunt has done it again! She has taken a story from the Bible and fictionalized it but left it true to the scripture. I found it very interesting to see the perspective of the two very different people (one a Gentile) and to get the gist of what people at the time were thinking about the things that were occurring. I think Angela Hunt did a very good job of developing her characters and giving us a better idea of the setting and life at that time.


Many times novels based on scripture contain only the scripture basically and not a whole lot else and they tend to be boring. Not so with this book. I really enjoyed it and had trouble putting it down because although I was very familiar with the Bible passages, I had no idea where these characters would end up.


I received a copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment