Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Without Warning by Joel C. Rosenberg




I've seen Joel Rosenberg on news programs on TV and have a great respect for his opinion so I recognized his name right away when I saw this book. I thought to myself, this guy knows what he's talking about but can he write an interesting novel. The answer is YES -- not only can he write an interesting novel, he can write a blockbusting novel! The minute I started reading I was hooked and couldn't put it down. Situations right out of the news headlines jumped out and the characters in the story made it all interesting and making perfect sense. This novel should be read by anyone who cares about the world stage and our very future. Yes, it's a Christian novel, but the way that is woven into it makes it an integral part of the story and does not detract from the timeliness of the story.


The story involves ISIS attacks on the United States and the involvement of J. B. Collins, a reporter for the New York Times and his family as they are pursued by ISIS leaders. The story goes all over the world including most of the countries in the Middle East. It's an insider's look into the intelligence operations of major governments and the intrigue that is a large part of those operations. I challenge you to pick this book up. I'm guessing you won't be able to put it down either.


Tyndale House gave me a copy of this book for the purpose of writing a review. Thanks Tyndale! Because of this choice I now have a new favorite author to watch for when new books are introduced (and I need to find all his older books too so I can catch up).

No comments:

Post a Comment