Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Light on The Hill by Connilyn Cossette



This is such a good book! I love Christian historical fiction and this is a great example. This is set during the time the Hebrews have finally entered the Promised Land after leaving Egypt and wandering in the desert for 40 years. This is a few years into that time period and Joshua is still alive. Moriyah is forced by an accident to flee her father’s home and seek refuge in a Levitical City of Refuge. To get there she has to go through enemy (Canaanite) territory and evade her pursuers as well. This book gives a vivid picture of life at that time. The characters are very well developed and even though so far removed from our time and culture, I still felt part of the story.


I received this book from Bethany House in exchange for a review. Ms. Cossette is a new author for me and I will definitely be looking for some more of her other work.




No comments:

Post a Comment