Sunday, October 28, 2018

Shelter of the Most High by Connilyn Cossette



I loved this book!  I had previously read  A Light on the Hill (Cities of Refuge Book #1) so this was a continuation of that story.  Sofea and her cousin are abducted from their island after all their family and village were murdered by pirates. They escaped and were left on the beach in Tyre. There Daryk and his soldiers from Kadesh find them and take them back to Daryk's wife Moriyah in Kadesh.  These were the people from book 1. The oldest son, Eitan, is attracted to Sofea but first Sofea needs to learn Hebrew and get accustomed to the new culture and the new God.  Conflict from the story in book 1 continues in this book and some of it is resolved.  I love learning the Jewish culture of this time (Joshua is still alive and some of the High Priests still remember coming into the Promised Land as small children).


I read this book rather quickly because the characters were so real I needed to help them find their happy place.  I am now anxious for the next book in the series to come out.  This is only the 2nd book I have read by this author but  I assure you I will choose more of her books in future.  I highly recommend this to anyone who loves historical fiction of biblical times.  Bethany House provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for posting my opinion in a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment