Sunday, November 18, 2018

Searching for You by Jody Hedlund








This novel is 3rd in a series about the Orphan Train from New York City to rural America in the 1800s. Sophie Neumann takes her two young charges (age 3 and 5) and lies about her age to qualify herself and boards the Orphan Train to flee New York City after she becomes the target of one of the street gangs.  She ends up in a small town in the heartland where Reinhold Weiss, a friend from her past, has bought a farm and is making a life for himself and his siblings.  The previous two novels are about Sophie’s older sisters who are now desperately searching for her.


This is full of historical understanding and just a good story.  I read through most of this book in one day.  I read a few chapters the first day and the next day I didn’t put it down much because I was so engrossed in the story. I love how Jody Hedlund brings out each characters faith in God and their personal theology as she weaves her tale.  It is all real and uplifting and so much a part of the story you don’t feel like you are reading a sermon.


I received a digital copy of this book from Bethany House through Net Galley for the purpose of writing my own observations into a review.  If you love historical romance, you will love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment