Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Sustaining Faith (When Hope Calls #2) by Janette Oke, Laurel Oke Logan


 


In this historical tale, Grace and Lillian are sisters who are running a placement home for children that are brought by ship from Europe for adoption in Canada.  I had read some Janette Oke books thirty years or so ago and had stopped because I felt they were just simple cookie cutter stories.  But obviously Janette Oke has perfected her craft over the years.  This was a page turner.  I have a feeling there will be another book with these characters later and if so, I am looking forward to reading it.  The characters were interesting and the setting was rich in history and I felt the period was well researched.


I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment