Friday, July 31, 2020

The Peasant’s Dream (Hagenheim #11) by Melanie Dickerson



I loved this book. Some of the newer historic authors are coming up with a unique perspective. It makes for fun stories. This is number 11 in a series do now I will need to find the others. I wonder if there will be a number 12.


I read this story in one day (well technically till 4:30 a.m. the next day. I couldn’t put it down.


Frederick is the son of a farmer whose real passion is wood carving. He has to do all the work for the farm since his father is disabled and also abusive. On a trip to town he meets Adela, the youngest daughter of the Duke. She has disguised herself as a maidservant in order to go to the Marketplatz by herself without guards. Frederick is unaware of her social status and they strike up a friendship. She loves painting and so their Artistic inclinations strike a chord for each of them. The problem is that the daughter of a Duke can’t marry a peasant but Frederick is unaware of that problem while Adela is plagued by it.


I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment