Thursday, October 15, 2020

Burden of Proof by Davis Bunn

 




Ethan is an old spent man who is rapidly dying of cancer. His sister in law suddenly arrives to visit him.  They don't have a good relationship.  Ever since his brother was murdered years ago they have avoided each other.  His sister in law is a brilliant scientist.  She has been working on time and quantum physics experiments for years. She wants Ethan to be her human guinea pig and be sent back to before her husband was murdered to see if he can change things.  He will die eventually but he will be able to live for a certain period of time after he gets there and try to change things.  I'm not going to expand further on the story.  That's just the kick off.  It is actually a very good story.  It sounds bizarre and science fiction-like, but trust me its a very plausible story.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got all caught up in it and couldn't put it down.  I highly recommend this book.  The character studies alone are worth the read. However, it is much more interesting than that.  


I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment