Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Unveiling the Past by Kim Vogel Sawyer


 


Kim Vogel Sawyer has been a favorite author of mine for years. She is the queen of historical romance in my opinion but I just developed a new fascination with her. This book is set in the modern day and is about two detectives with the cold case unit. This is my 2nd favorite type of fiction / stories. It's like finding a new author. I find myself daydreaming about this book having a sequel or two. I fell in love with these characters and want to know more about them. What happened after this?


This is the story of Meghan and her husband, Seth, who are Cold Case detectives. Meghan was raised by a single mother and never knew her father. But then we learn the story of Meghan's mother Diane and Kevin, Meghan's birthfather. And thrown in there is the story of Seth's childhood and Kevin's childhood and Diane's mother, Hazel and her sister, and Kevin's life thus far including his adopted son. In addition, we have the history behind the two cold cases the detectives are working on and even the lives of the other detectives and their chief. It sound like a lot but it is all part of a wonderous story! I want to give it more than 5 stars. I want to give it five stars and five exclamation points. I might even reread it, which is something I rarely do because there are so many new books to read. Kudos, Kim Vogel Sawyer. You hit this one out of the ballpark. Please write a few more of this genre.


I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment