Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Book Review: A Rush of Wings by Kristen Heitzmann


Although this genre is not my usual fare, I was drawn to the book by the author’s name. I have read her work before and enjoyed it. Since Bethany House was offering me the book to review, I decided to give it a try. It is one of those books that you don’t want to put down till you read every last page because the suspense keeps building and you want to know the outcome.


The story revolves around Noelle, a privileged young woman who is fleeing danger in her life that is only wispy pieces of memories that she can’t pin down. She just feels the danger. In her quest to hide from what she feels is pursuing her she ends up renting a room on a ranch in the mountains of Colorado where she meets Rick (the rancher) who has a deep faith in God. She feels that her trauma is somehow God’s fault and so she resists Rick’s efforts to tell her about Him.


The story has many twists and turns but Noelle eventually turns to God and in doing so resolves her aversion to following her heart to Rick. Her journey through her memories and the tricks played by her mind is interesting and well written. I love the depth of the characters and the hand of God on the lives of the characters throughout. This was a great read and I’m glad I stepped out of my reading comfort zone to review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment