Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Your Dreams Are Telling You by Cindy McGill



Cindy McGill is an expert on interpreting dreams. From what I can determine, she became an expert as a result of many, many years of practicing dream interpretation. I was skeptical at first because the book starts out sounding a little faddish and New Age, but toward the end she did qualify that she is a Christian and believes that dreams are from God.


She explains what different dreams mean. Much of it sounded very logical. I read the book cover to cover wanting to give it a fair evaluation. I found much of it helpful. Although Ms. McGill says we all dream every night and have at least 2 dreams per night, I don't remember very many of mine. I can remember a couple from my lifetime very vividly and some others vaguely but not a lot. I only have one "bone to pick" on the symbolism of dreams. Ms. McGill mentions more than once that the "bathroom dream" is a symbol of "purifying and cleansing." I have had some of these dreams myself from time to time and truly I believe that all it pertained to was the fact that I had to "go" really bad and needed to wake up and take care of it. The rest of the interpretations I have no real opinion about and you will have to read them and decide for yourself. I believe this author is very sincere and has helped a lot of people, and I do believe that God gives people dreams on occasion that help them. It is up to the individual to determine what is valuable here and what is not.


I received a copy of this book from Chosen Books for review. I did not receive any compensation for completing the review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment