Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello There Blog Friends

Since this is my first post I feel obliged to tell you that I am a card carrying Right Wing Extremist, a Dittohead, a fan of Ann Coulter and a Pentecostal Christian. I don't want to debate you, I don't want to offend you, but I'm probably going to let some of that shine through in some of my posts.

Right now, however, I'm having fun with an old book we found called The Science of A New Life by John Cowan, MD, published in 1911. Just to pique your interest, here is a quote:

"The man who marries before twenty-eight or thirty, or who commits sexual excesses, or lives other than a life of strict continence, arrests the growth of his body, weakens his entire system, his muscles become pale and flabby, nerves weak, brain forever oppressed and clogged, and he is no more capable, in his work in life's vineyard, to make a name for himself among the earth's great ones, than the veriest born fool. Disease, premature age and early death make his life a sad failure."

Okay, guys, you know who you are. Bummer.

The book gets even better as it progresses . . . STAY TUNED!

3 comments:

  1. BTW: welcome to the blogosphere, cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know but his wife must have had a lot of fun plotting his demise.

    ReplyDelete