Monday, August 16, 2021

A Warrior's Heart (Brides of Laurent, #1) by Misty M. Beller


 



Brielle Durand is a warrior. She is in charge of protecting her sheltered community from outside invasion. The location is the mountains in Canada where they live in a town carved out of the mountain. It is the time of the war of 1812 between the United States and the British. The British are the ones who have invaded this colony in the past. Evan MacManus, an American working for the US Government is looking for some special mineral that will help the US win the war. When he stumbles upon the hidden colony, he is taken for British and taken prisoner. This is a very interesting story and I couldn't put it down. The historical research is impeccable and the characters are fascinating. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment